The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: Interesting New Book on Avebury
68 messages
Select a forum:
oresaba wrote:
Sounds like an update of Michael Dames' "Silbury Treasure" and "Avebury Cycle". Both were considered too "far out" when published. I guess this guy's figured it's time to mainstream the concepts.

Well I've got it and it's nothing like that at all. I thought it very practical and well worked out and nothing at all like Dames or his ideas. The author seems to be a down-to-earth sort of person who asks the reader to 'think neolithic' and not be drawn into a magical sort of world which Avebury has become part of. The figure becomes plain to see and I just loved the explanation of Silbury Hill and its two causeways which is right out of the box and quite brilliant. If he is correct in his assumptions it is a staggering discovery which deserves much credit. And this from a none archo...must be rubbish then eh!!! Not so, this guy has a mind of his own and uses it!

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
9th June 2010ce
12:58

Messages in this topic: