The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Lincolnshire and Humberside Forum Start a topic | Search
Lincolnshire and Humberside
Re: Lincolns bypass to go though only barrow cemetery!
29 messages
Select a forum:
nigelswift wrote:
goffik wrote:
That said, I have no regrets. I've seen things I'd otherwise probably not have got to see had I not had a car. And I need it to get to work. I don't need to justify it, really. G x

Nice and honest. We all need to be. Truth is, without economic growth the world is sunk, there's no lo-tech future that anyone knows of that won't involve mass starvation. So, in this overcrowded island we're gonna have to let a lot of stuff go. My point is that we should pick our fights carefully if we want impact. It was because they picked just the right fight that the Stanton Moor Nine Ladies protestors won.

Expand and develop-yes(lincoln may well need an eastern bypass,not where they intend though) , but respect our shared ancient past and the environment and wildlife, none of this is happening here though, the stuff there're going through is so rare round these parts because 1000's of years of farming have destroyed almost everything else. If they destroy whats left how can lincoln in the future (when we may have better technology for understanding the ancient past) truly understand it's earliest times.

Reply | with quote
bladup
Posted by bladup
19th February 2010ce
15:18

Messages in this topic: