The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: When was the first time you visited Avebury?
30 messages
Select a forum:
My first time to Avebury was a drive to go there especially, with my girlfriend at the time, Charlie (or Snuzz as she is known here).
It was an awe inspiring visit, seeing Silbury appear on the road into Avebury, catching a glimpse of The Sanctuary on the way past too. My forst experience of the Stones was the walk from the NT car park, and coming round the corner past a cricket match there they were, AMAZING!

That day we visited WKLB, Silbury an d spent hours looking at the stones, walking on the banks and just taking it all in.

Like Goffik the first time i met any of you was at the Heritage Action day, a very nice memory, and i hope to make it along again at some point in the future!

Pete G also showed us around on another occasion, in fact on more than one occasion, there are things and places i would have never found without him, Seeing a Hare at Harestone down being one of them, thanks Pete!

Reply | with quote
texlahoma
Posted by texlahoma
12th August 2009ce
14:52

Messages in this topic: