The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Long Meg & Her Daughters Forum Start a topic | Search
23 messages
Select a forum:
He can have my spade - but his principal tool was the theodolite. And Castle Rigg is a flattened circle too - but there's no sign of an earlier enclosure constraining it.

The Fog on the Tyne starts up the Derwent Valley, as it's cooler out there, and snakes slowly down, through Blaydon, meets a grubby cloud from Prudhoe, and spreads down to the coast. If you'd not seen it happen you probably wouldn't believe it.

Try this - http://www.elainemorgan.me.uk/ - and find her new book, available as a pdf. It's interesting, obvious, and a great example of establishment ignorance. (The fog's just reaching Winlaton as I type).

Nobody's interested in finding the main alignment from my new barrow on the outskirts of Alston. It's to the NW, broadly, perhaps to Grey Nag summit. Thom gives the centre line of Long Meg as the meridian, so the putative centre of the circle is constrained in one dimension, at least.

Reply | with quote
Stoneshifter
Posted by Stoneshifter
4th September 2008ce
20:50

In reply to:

Re: Rusts (fitzcoraldo)

Messages in this topic: