The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Swallowhead Springs Forum Start a topic | Search
25 messages
Select a forum:
Fascinating (as ever) Rhiannon,

The third map which shows the Thames was of particular interest to me as it also shows the rivers Ray and Cole running into the Thames. These two little rivers run through Swindon and fed into the canal which once ran through the centre of the town.

I started a little blog a couple of months ago - just for my own interest http://www.swindonia.blogspot.com/ (Hidden Swindon) which features both these little rivers. I must at some point try walking them back to Thames, probably not possible as I know the Cole runs underground for part of its course.

I have really enjoyed your Folklore posts partcularly the one about wells - thank you, keep it coming.

Forgive the digression - but it does seem that maybe all the Wiltshire rivers find their way to the Thames eventually.

best wishes

tjj (june)

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
24th November 2007ce
11:57

In reply to:

ok (Rhiannon)

2 replies:

Re: ok (Rhiannon)
Re: ok (Littlestone)