The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Walderslade Woods Forum Start a topic | Search
Walderslade Woods
Re: It's g(RA)m up north
66 messages
Select a forum:
juamei wrote:
I presume you've looked at the Coffin Stone in the field opposite the Countless Stones. Walk around the farm from there on the footpath and accidentally peer at the lovely rock garden / pond in their yard which was apparently a stone feature around a spring.
A corresponding one was destroyed by the water board at tottington spring(?).

I also remember reading about a destroyed circle near the river medway.

Its been ages since I've lived in South London though, so my attention has been refocused on to sites I can get to easier...

I've not got into Great Tottington Farm yet, but sooner or later I'll just walk in and demand to be shown what's left. Nicely of course. Done the Coffin Stone [before the cosmetic addition on top], actually spent half an hour at the Countless Stones yesterday, and have walked the fields all round most years after the plough has kicked it up. I have probably 30 maps, charts, and plans of the area, with all kinds of suggestions, including circles, but I doubt any of them ever existed. More tombs of course, and more collections of stones to look at.

When I get the time...

Reply | with quote
slumpystones
Posted by slumpystones
5th July 2007ce
19:25

In reply to:

Re: It's g(RA)m up north (juamei)

Messages in this topic: