The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Ancient sites: Protect or Use?
225 messages
Select a forum:
ryaner wrote:
Mustard wrote:
They might drop the troll nonsense

…if you stop the troll-like behaviour – 33% of the posts on this thread.

Mustard wrote:
if they'd had the sense to look at my website.

I initially thought you were just arguing for arguments sake. Now I understand – you're promoting your website!

BTW – I had the sense to check your website yesterday. I don't know what came over me.

Let me see if I understand this. I attempt to discuss politely and reasonably what I consider to be an interesting issue. I effectively agree with the important point - leaving offerings at sites is a bad idea - but simply try and encourage an attitude of understanding and mutual respect between the two opposing camps, whereas on the other hand, your contribution to the discussion is to call me names and insult me, and this makes me the troll? Incredible.

I mean seriously... I don't get it. I'm interested in the issue, I find the attitudes and ethics worthy of discussion, I believe that progress is best made by attempting to show some understanding and respect for people who hold different views... can you tell me what part of this you have a problem with? I'm stumped.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Mustard
28th June 2007ce
07:20

Messages in this topic: