The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Ancient sites: Protect or Use?
225 messages
Select a forum:
Quite simply that most ordinary people aren't even remotely bothered by the presence of offerings.

I think you enjoy playing with words Mr Mustard.

Tell ya wot, let's get real; we'll pop round to your place with a couple of crates of tinnies, cakes and bananas later. Leave the key under the doormat so we can get in if you're out. We'll have a bit of a party in your living room (though we don't call our activities parties we call them 'offerings') and we're sure you won't mind if we leave some of those offerings on your floor, a few ribbons dangling from your light shades and perhaps a bit of candle wax dripping on your carpet? We know you won't mind because, as you eloquently say above, "...I do think some effort needs to be made to understand that not everyone approaches the subject with the same assumptions and values." And as you also go on to say that, "Progress in such areas is usually made by reaching out to people and attempting to understand their position..." we're sure you'll reach out and be able to understand our position with regard to the mess (sorry, the offerings) we leave behind without too much difficulty ;-)

By the way, I seem to have missed which areas of the megalithic subject you're interested in, or have some degree of knowledge about.

Reply | with quote
Littlestone
Posted by Littlestone
27th June 2007ce
14:05

Messages in this topic: