The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Aberdeenshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Aberdeenshire
Re: Aberdeenshire help..
18 messages
Select a forum:
There's a small village near Dnnideer called Insch. It's like going back to the sixties there! Not much going on at all - I loved it!

I think your only option is to stop in Aberdeen. There's really not much to do elsewhere. When I 'did' Aberdeenshire I stopped with a friend for a few nights, just below Aberdeen, and then I stopped in Macduff. Which was a vile piss-pot.

But the stones. . ahhhhh!

I understand your problem. I'm a great believer in doing the stone things alone. I often just book three or four days to myself and get out there. Only that way can I spend 100% of the time in the field. I've been lost, chased by cows, shocked by electric fences and worried bt strange farmers from Land's End to Scotland to Ireland and loved every minute.

Next time I go to Aberdeenshire I'll stop in Insch. There's a great pub with Fats Domino on the juke box.

Reply | with quote
suave harv
Posted by suave harv
2nd June 2007ce
10:29

In reply to:

Aberdeenshire help.. (dee)

Messages in this topic: