The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Derrynablaha 5 Forum Start a topic | Search
Derrynablaha 5
Re: europreart.net - Cup & Ring connoisseurs
19 messages
Select a forum:
Hob wrote:
Can't offer much help me owld muckah. The dearth of online info regarding Irish open air RA is a source of frequent whingeing in the house of Hob. I usually pester FW for info.

Thats a pity, I'll have to start buying the archaeological inventories of each county soon! It's going to be difficult to number them correctly since some surfaces were covered in moss and whatnot so may not match what europreart have on their drawings. I'll number what I can and give unidentified panels my own numbers, will re-visit this if/when things get clarified.

Hob wrote:
Sounds like the RA bug has bitten, it's a laudable thing is cup spotting, the sport of the ancestors donchaknow? ;)
Damn glad to hear you had a good time, I'm very much looking forward to seeing your pics.

Thank god it was only the sheep giving me odd looks for stroking and fingering non-existent pock marks on outcrops! Shame I only met the farmer as the rain started, he seemed to know where a lot of the stuff was as well as the little stone he found when the hillside was burned. Plenty of pics on the way.

Reply | with quote
CianMcLiam
Posted by CianMcLiam
21st April 2007ce
23:29

Messages in this topic: