The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Derrynablaha 5 Forum Start a topic | Search
Derrynablaha 5
europreart.net - Cup & Ring connoisseurs
19 messages
Select a forum:
Hi folks, spent last night and all today at Derrynablaha and managed to find 7 panels with head scratching and leg work, and an 8th teenie weenie one shown to me by the sheep farmer who owns the land. I dont know which are already recorded and which may not have been as some were pretty obscure and small, had a look at the selection on europreart but I can't find a grid ref or gps co-ords that I can match my recorded ones with, are they not listed on this site? If so, is there an alternative database I might find co-ords as I'd like to add them with the correct numbers. http://www.europreart.net/cgi-[...]5487FBBC&_tar=_record&_act=396 this is one panel I found and I also found a cup & ring on the rock surface next to it.

I think the photos came out well, havent gone through them all yet but may have the makings of a weblog. The famous 'stepped' panel is just incredible! Had such a great day looking for this stuff, started at 9am and at 4pm I realised I hadn't anything to eat all day, this cup & ring hunting could be a serious condition :)

Reply | with quote
CianMcLiam
Posted by CianMcLiam
21st April 2007ce
22:31

Messages in this topic: