The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Castlerigg Forum Start a topic | Search
Castlerigg
Re: castlerigg
49 messages
Select a forum:
i was there on weds afternoon and was pleasantly surprised by the lack of rubbish, someone had done a good job tidying up. I didnt see the vandalism so was surprised to read about it. Ill try to get up again this week to check it out if vicster doesnt get there first.

this spoiling other people's enjoyment thing is a difficult one for me. I reckon im pretty intolerant generally and while its obvious that vandalising the stones is completely unacceptable, just because loud drunken arseholes piss me off and spoil my enjoyment does that mean i should spoil theirs ? I take the easy way out and dont go there when i know they'll be there.

having said that, i still managed to get seething at long meg when some bloke drove his car over the field and parked up next to the wall behind the meg stone trying to flog his paintings. i walked over to little meg to chill out but the farmer was there with his muck spreader . Somedays theres just no avoiding other people's shit.

Reply | with quote
Creyr
Posted by Creyr
26th June 2006ce
10:00

In reply to:

castlerigg (joudicaa)

1 reply:

Re: castlerigg (Vicster)

Messages in this topic: