The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Park of Tongland Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Park of Tongland
Re: calling TMA Ed...
18 messages
Select a forum:
>> the one thing i do pride myself on his have good relations with farmers

In that case you should appreciate why, when we receive a letter from a farmer we have to take it seriously. A lot of landowners that contact us can be very abrupt, but this was not the case this time. Despite his concerns he still stated that he was happy to take people to see the panels. When you have a farmer who's clearly on side he shouldn't be ignored.

You should have recieved a copy of the email in advance. As I said earlier, I'm not sure why you didn't. If you had read the post by Ed carefully, it only stated that you had got the location of the stones incorrect. It did not accuse you of entering the land without permission or of exposing the rock art to the weather, although, as you've already mentioned, the email did. All it says is that the farmer "does not want people entering the fields on their own and pulling the vegetation from the rocks, exposing the marks to the weather." You obviously don't see it this way, but that was actually a diplomatic way of dealing with it. You weren't directly accused of anything more serious than not finding the right bit of stone and the farmer was kept happy so that others might go there in the future.

Perhaps once you have revisited the site you can post details of which farm you should actually ask at. Then the whole post can be removed.

Thanks

TMA Ed

Reply | with quote
Posted by TMA Ed
16th June 2006ce
05:51

In reply to:

Re: calling TMA Ed... (wolfnighthunter)

Messages in this topic: