The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Orkney Forum Start a topic | Search
Orkney
Re: Orkney - cycling - any advice ?
26 messages
Select a forum:
Wow Bonzo - fab pictures! Thanks very much for posting them! took me right back (we went to Skye + Lewis/Harris last year) and it was great to see the Orkneys! The photos are brilliant - do you have a super special camera or is it one that a mere mortal like me could own/use?!

SuavHarv - lovely story!! We tried to go to Orkney back in 2001 (I think - it was when foot and mouth happened... so we didnt go over in the end.) whilst we had 2 weeks in Sutherland... Had to be content with standing at Dunnet Head (beautiful place) and looking longingly ... We're going on the Gills Bay / St Margarets Hope ferry - Pentland ferries I think..
cant wait! I know what you mean about the town hiding - it was a huge thrill being on the ferry as it drew close to Tarbert on Lewis... The whole journey had been shrouded in mist, then suddenly as we approached land it lifted, and Harris loomed out at us, it was really spooky, like something from the Lost Islands (who remembers that!?) ... OOOOhhhh I want to go NOW!!!!!

Thanks guys!
t
xxxx

Reply | with quote
Posted by Trish
4th May 2006ce
07:34

In reply to:

Re: Orkney - cycling - any advice ? (suave harv)

1 reply:

Re: Orkney - cycling - any advice ? (Bonzo the Cat)

Messages in this topic: