The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Tormain Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Tormain Hill
For Martin
14 messages
Select a forum:
I just read your field notes and looked at the photos
for Tormain Hill. Simply Stunning !!

I was looking through the images from end to start for some reason and so came to the 'viewfinder' one last. When I reached the third (second really) I thought, "That looks like a couple of carvings that I have suspicions about, I must ask Martin what else is nearby." And then I see your 'viewfinder' comments. I have been very curious about many such petroglyphs for some time now and, maybe not with all of these, I certainly do get the impression of 'a map' when compared with local sites.

Most of the ones in Ireland are in passage tombs and there is one I am particularly interested in which is unfortunately not in situ anymore. What it does display though (quite clearly in my oppinion) is a very good drawing of Newgrange !! I have still to test my views out with the 'establishment' yet and so I won't say too much more.

Reply | with quote
FourWinds
Posted by FourWinds
29th November 2001ce
13:31

2 replies:

Re: For Martin (Martin)
Re: For Martin (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: