The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   London Forum Start a topic | Search
London
Re: Filthy Roman intrusion
20 messages
Select a forum:
In the same vane I have started to include some of the 'Celtic' sites that I visit on my pages

http://homepage.ntlworld.ie/tom.fourwinds/celtica.htm

(shameless plug!!)

This is because I see that so many are now being lost to the weather and neglect. If someone doesn't keep some record then no one will know!!

Some of the ones I have put on so far are the more popular places, but I intend to *do* a lot more (I might as well while I am driving around). I will probably move them to a separate site in the future, but for now I will include them.

The difference between the Irish ones I am talking of and these Inner London ones is that there is something still there. The Lahndan ones are gone now, but were obviously very important sites. I imagine the roman sites were all sacred way before then.

The beauty of the modern antiquarian site is that we can add things that we see as important and to tell other people about them, to alert others to their presence. If Mr. McGrail has doubts then perhaps he can develop a vote marker for these pages. If people don't approve of the site then it can be removed.

Personally I am for the inclusion of very special cases, such as these. Question is .... who draws the line and where?

Reply | with quote
FourWinds
Posted by FourWinds
18th October 2001ce
13:11

In reply to:

Filthy Roman intrusion (RiotGibbon)

1 reply:

other reasoning. (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: