The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: "Orbs" at Avebury
44 messages
Select a forum:
For over twenty years I've been filming commercials and effects and many times I have been summoned by the producer to be shown the results and explain or rather lay the blame on someone, for a fault with the image. I have got quite good at working out what had happened. Film lenses are carefully protected from light falling on it from outside the picture area. This not only minimise flares but prevents stray light bouncing around inside the camera. Sadly I have been able to work out the faults in the photographic process every time. Treemans and goffiks orbs are clearly out of focus droplets illuminated and frozen by the camera flash. S.T.'s luminous lines I would suspect are skratches in a color layer of the emulsion as they are sharper than anything else the lens resolved on the image. Still, I got some wierd defects on a car advert recently, where the car was being painted with a flash (torch) light on every frame of film for about 30 seconds that I couldn't explain. What I find more challenging is seeing something wonderful or mysterious, photographing it and trying to work out why, dissapointingly, the illusion is not there or the picture is boring.

Reply | with quote
Posted by laresident
24th December 2004ce
17:13

In reply to:

"Orbs" at Avebury (Treeman)

1 reply:

Re: "Orbs" at Avebury (Treeman)

Messages in this topic: