The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: "Orbs" at Avebury
44 messages
Select a forum:
Thanks for that, Superboss. It's good to be reminded of sublime Castlerigg. I was there three or four years ago in the midst of a two week quest from sacred site to sacred site around the country with my then-partner and her son. We camped about a mile from the circle: memories come flooding back. Coincidentally, sort of, a couple of days ago I was looking through photos of that journey, especially the Castlerigg ones, some of which show a fine rainbow above the stones. (As we pulled up in the car it, the rainbow, had one end pointing over the wall into the field where the stones stand. Sort of, "it's over here mate!) I was looking for those prints in relation to some writing I am doing around a very strange "rainbow ball" that I caught on film in the Welsh Black Mountains. That will be going up on www.earthtransition.com soon, when I get the image scanning done. Strangely the image shows exactly what I saw: a rainbow without the bow! I've never heard such a thing in the literature and I have a suspicion that unusual (if natural) light formations like that one may well have been the original inspiration for "choosing" at least some sacred site locations.

I look forward to seeing the picture you mention: it sounds worth sharing!

Best wishes and hoping we speak again.

Treeman

Reply | with quote
Posted by Treeman
23rd December 2004ce
23:20

In reply to:

Re: "Orbs" at Avebury (superboss)

2 replies:

Re: "Orbs" at Avebury (Moth)
Sundogs (Pete G)

Messages in this topic: