The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cornwall Forum Start a topic | Search
Cornwall
Re: I'm Lonely.....
33 messages
Select a forum:
> I know Goffick is down here at the mo, sadly I am too busy in the evenings to meet up for a pint, even though he is only 5 miles down the road. Never mind.

Ah, yes... sorry about that! I was gonna call you to confirm the unlikely... hood... erm... that we'd be able to meet up... Such a shame, but with only 2 full days, we thought we'd make the most of it and get a few miles in... Spent one day in West Penwith (Chun Quoit and Castle, and Carn Gloose/Gluze) and the other around Holywell Bay (blast that low tide!) - could have done with you there then, actually! We went as far to the North end of the beach as we could, tide permitting, but the bit where we suspected the cave to be was already unreachable! But only just... the temptation was rather high, but I remember the speed at which it came in once before! So we spent an hour wandering amongst the ones we could go in, just in case... Bah! Still not found it... :( Next time I'll check the tide times! We got there around 11:30am thinking the low tide would be around midday... Oh, well... Took a nice walk across the cliffs to Perranporth, anyway - across the dunes, via the remains of (site of) St Piran's Oratory and church and that lovely celtic cross... then all the way back via the road - I've never been so knackered! :o) It was nice...

We'll be back next year for a week tho - we'll definitely have to get together then...

I could certainly help you be a lot less lonely if you could find 2 people jobs and a house - what we wouldn't give to live in Cornwall! We're so happy when we're there... One day... *sigh*

G x

Reply | with quote
goffik
Posted by goffik
29th November 2004ce
07:49

In reply to:

I'm Lonely..... (Mr Hamhead)

2 replies:

Re: I'm Lonely..... (Mr Hamhead)
Re: I'm Lonely..... (flat sky)

Messages in this topic: