The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cornwall Forum Start a topic | Search
Cornwall
Re: Advice please!
15 messages
Select a forum:
Spose I better add me twopenneth!

You should have got a good list of places to go by now...I agree with Moth, Carn Euny is a great place...not just for the fougou but the view. One of my big faves is Carn Gluze or ballowall barrow at Cape Cornwall....I just love the place, sorry.

As for campsites...the one at Boleigh is just a field with shower and toilets..and the Pipers over the hedge. Treen campsit is great for the Logan rock (pub and headland!) and the Minack theater but you can't book a place so it is a case of turn up and find out. We stayed in a campsite just north of Sennen a couple of weeks ago (not the one south of the village), it was a big site with kids but clean and tidy with the beach just 10 mins walk down over the cliff.

It is the busiest two weeks of the year down here at the moment, so don't expect solitude! Also the greenery is growing at an alarming rate...I don't think Speris Quoit will be visable.

Other things to do whilst down here that might get you away from the crowds

Nanjizel Cove, south of Lands End...great little beach of the beaten track....ie you have to walk! Stunning sceanery, sea caves, swimming is not easy if there is a swell, lots of boulders to get knocked against.

Porthgwarra, On the very sw tip of Penwith, little fishing cove with manmade caves through the cliffs. To the west the seacliffs tower 300ft straight up out of the sea, a fave of rock climbers.

St Loys Cove, between Penberth and Lamorna. little tea shop selling home made produce including soup from the garden etc.

Penzance, OK its a town but there is something about Penzance. Still got good range of shops, proper shops not multi nationals. and good pubs, check out The Dock, down on the front. Penlee gallery and Museum well worth a visit...they have a good cafe as well.

I could go on but.....check my weblog for walks in Penwith

Enjoy your stay

Mr H

Reply | with quote
Mr Hamhead
Posted by Mr Hamhead
5th August 2004ce
22:26

In reply to:

Advice please! (doktoratomik)

1 reply:

Re: Advice please! (doktoratomik)