The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Northern England Forum Start a topic | Search
Northern England
Re: Bradford Megalith Meet - Tues, June 29
24 messages
Select a forum:
Hi people

Soz to say I'm not gonna be able to get to the gathering in Bratf'd this evening. I've come down with one helluvan annoying cold/flu-thingy: sweating, shivering, etc, & I feel truly crap. Typical...

But regarding the "outing" to seek out new stones in the region, can we make it either Sunday 11 July, or Sunday 18 July, to meet at the main entrance to Bradford Interchange at 10.30-11am. (I'd prefer Sunday 18th, but I'll leave it up to the discussion group) From here we can drive up &, firstly, have a look & see whether Dave Raven's find near the Otley Bull Stones is indeed one of the lost companions. From here, straight to Brandrith Crags, Blubberhouses. I choose this site cos both Wiliam Grainge & Harry Speight - grand Victorian antiquarians - told it to have druidic associations. And they weren't the sort of wrtiters carried away by such notions. By & large, when they made remarks about such places, there's tended to be summat tangible in it. At the very least I expect a few new cup&ring stones. If we're lucky, a bit more.

Have a good mega-evening people...

After tonite, the next Bradford Megalith Meeting will be Tuesday, July 27, 7.30pm onwards.

Reply | with quote
Paulus
Posted by Paulus
29th June 2004ce
08:43

Messages in this topic: