The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Isles of Scilly Forum Start a topic | Search
Isles of Scilly
Don't stop, Scilly
2 messages
Select a forum:
I do enjoy Jane's weblogs! Not only does she paint like a dream - she can write as well. When does she publish her collected weblogs, illustrated with her paintings?

Quite a gallop around St Mary's in a day so I urge you to spend a holiday there. I have been going for two weeks every third or fourth year since 1969 - and I haven't found all of the sites yet. The St Mary's boatmen are a piratical crew, but they'll take you out to the off islands - inhabited and uninhabited. Just about every islet and rock has a prehistoric grave or two with very many more now beneath the sea. The islands were more or less one in prehistory and hut circles, cairns and field walls can be seen at low tide. My favourite place in the world and I'll be there again this summer. Bliss!

Reply | with quote
Earthstepper
Posted by Earthstepper
26th March 2004ce
21:46

1 reply:

Re: Don't stop, Scilly (Jane)

Messages in this topic: