The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Buttercrambe & Darley Dale
93 messages
Select a forum:
I sort of guessed that was the kind of connection.... Of course Darley Dale's not Yorkshire, but we'll let you off that one, I'm sure you were just trying to keep it simple!!!!!! ;^)

It kind of makes a big difference though.

You obviously know that the Thornborough henges and Devil's Arrows etc are about the nearest stuff to Buttercrambe. There's also the stuff on the North Yorkshire Moors. Very interesting and it is too, but I I'm not sure how directly relatable to Buttercrambe it is.

But there's absolutely LOADS of prehistoric stuff to see very close to Darley Dale - on the doorstep! And a lot of it is VERY special. I'll be putting up a weblog in the next few days covering a day's worth of places that are all well within about 10 miles of Darley Dale - especially if you want to really take in the 'feel'! And there is a whole lot more!

I reckon you could spend at least a week looking at stuff within 20 miles of Darley Dale! (Especially if you had someone who knows the area well - and there are a few of them - Stubob springs to mind).

You must come.

love

Moth

Reply | with quote
Moth
Posted by Moth
14th July 2003ce
02:07

1 reply:

Buttercrambe & Darley Dale (Shestu)

Messages in this topic: