The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Why Yorkshire?
93 messages
Select a forum:
Moth,
You asked me a while back why I've decided on Yorkshire.
1. Buttercrambe, North Yorkshire
2. Darley Dale, Derbyshire
3. Thornborough as the pictures I have seen are fascinating. Also I am hoping that Brigantesnation is serious about weaving a story about it. To me, the imagination is a very necessary tool for breathing life into the bones/stones of a place. It helps me feeeel the place and step outside of the archealogical logic..... which i don't dis mind you. Once the logic is in place.... I want to hear an interpretation that puts flesh on them thar bones. As fourwinds has stated and I agree you cannot fully walk in the footsteps of these people..... but for me, the FUN is in playfully trying 8o)

To tell the truth I have cooled a bit on the idea, as the anti-american sentiment.... has got me looking at the Virgin Islands er somethin less political. Not that I wont make the pilgrimage just not sure about the timing.

Reply | with quote
Shestu
Posted by Shestu
13th July 2003ce
16:18

2 replies:

Re: Why Yorkshire? (nickbrand)
Re: Why Yorkshire? (Moth)

Messages in this topic: