The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
hhhmmmm
93 messages
Select a forum:
I'll sort you out later Moth ... perhaps by turning on a very big lightbulb over Sellafield! :-)

Anyway, Shestu, I'm across the little pond and so won't be bothering you in the UK.

I went Sheela hunting today! Found a lovely one. I'll post a link to her as soon as I've put her on line. She has quite a story to tell, but only a very, very recent one. However, it's one you'll love.

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin ...

She was discovered when a milk lorry knocked over a gatepost. She was built into it (facing inwards) and so nobody knew of her existence. I think she must have been hidden after a local (prudish) priest told the locals to destory her, but they couldn't bring themselves to do it. Anyway, she was built into a wall in the farmyard and has lived there ever since. A couple of years ago the farmer dies and his son and wife moved into the house. One year later she gave birth to TRIPLETS!!!

Nice story, but all coincidence of course :-)

Now back to you ... if you are meant to make the journey you will make it. Don't force it.

I walk around with a very anti-war badge on all the time and I'm always bumping into yanks. 90% of them admire the badge. The rest say nothing. The ordinary American is perceived as no threat (by most) and don't forget, if all Americans are bastards through Bush then all Brits are too through Blair ... that's not what people think though. We know because we didn't want Blair to do what he did (is doing) that not all Americans wanted Bush to be Bush.

Anothe question ... why do you end your posts with the name of a Yoga position?

Reply | with quote
FourWinds
Posted by FourWinds
13th July 2003ce
23:02

In reply to:

Re: Why Yorkshire? (Moth)

1 reply:

Sheela (Shestu)

Messages in this topic: