The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Wales Forum Start a topic | Search
Wales
It was about a Pagan vicar!
8 messages
Select a forum:
I'm guessing that nobody but me saw this programme. It was pretty weird, and this Rev Geraint Ap Iorwerth ain't no ordinary Anglican vicar!

The Rev Ap Iorwerth is based in Penall, on the Dyfi Estuary (not all that near Cadair Idris, which was supposed to be the focus of the programme). He not only worships a traditional Christian God, but also the Earth Mother. He has set up a chapel near his church dedicated to the Old Religion (or his slightly Anglican version of it) and some of the local women attend to it. The programme was really mad, and some of the stuff he said was highly heretical. I'm surprised he still has a job!

I was caught between respect for the guy (who is clearly very devoted to his dualistic faith) and a feeling uncomfortable about the way he expressed himself. I think it was mainly because it's so unusual to see a vicar talking about his visions of the Mother. He was almost too Pagan for my tastes!

Please. Did anyone else see this? I really want someone else's opinion on this guy.

Kammer x

Reply | with quote
Kammer
Posted by Kammer
27th February 2003ce
10:56

In reply to:

Re: Welsh T.V. (tonight) (Kammer)

1 reply:

Re: It was about a Pagan vicar! (Chris Collyer)

Messages in this topic: