The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Castlerigg Forum Start a topic | Search
Castlerigg
Re: castle rigg?
7 messages
Select a forum:
carltons is a five star circle - one, maybe both, of my daughters has visited and will take me one day. It's said to be as mystical a place as stonehenge is 'in your face' - I'd say 'don't miss Long Meg and her Partners'. The bus that plys between ncle and Kes-wick, in the summertime, is regularly driven by a 78yr old. Robin asks to retire and the bus brothers just laugh .

Prof. thommm has published a concise survey of Castle Rigg in the book 'Megalithic Sites in Britain' and defines several of the astrological/calendrical sight lines. The Lake District would still be 'exporting' stone axes when the circle was built - and maybe this is how it was paid for!

Karlz stones is also not that far from BBC Manc, on OXfd rd., and the Mark and Lard Radio Show. Radcliffe mentioned - on air - that he had visited Stonehenge but it was shut - on boxing day. He plays drums, the lovely Lard bass - they call us pixel pushers! Both are crabs and well into historical roots.

~

Reply | with quote
BlueGloves
Posted by BlueGloves
6th February 2003ce
08:34

In reply to:

Re: castle rigg? (cHARLIE)

Messages in this topic: