The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: be our guest
209 messages
Select a forum:
Sorry for the delay in replying, as I'm still getting used to the format of the forums and I'm missing replies and references to my name.

A Trashed cache is one which has been taken from its origional location. Usually by people who stumble upon it and remove it.

Some caches are trashed by people who are genuine, and take it for the reasons that some of the TMA people have mentioned. Others trash them just to vandalise them.

I've had one recently where the contents were strewn around the area, so any suggestion that this was a concerned citizen removing litter falls on the fact that they threw the contents around the area (BTW - Before anyone asks, this was not an Antiquarian site).

Many Geocachers remove trash, or litter, from the areas they go to. But I think the litter/not litter arguement has been done to death already.

--... ...--
Morseman

Reply | with quote
Posted by Morseman
26th January 2003ce
22:07

In reply to:

Re: be our guest (Kaipaith)

Messages in this topic: