The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Time to put your own house in order...
209 messages
Select a forum:
I first went to weylands smithy as a Kid, I did feel something in th spirit iof the place, I have returned with my own family and am pleased to say the place still moved me, although the trees seemed a lot smaller.. or was it me,
I was dismayed to see a post on the site-
"I always feel very emotional when I come here. I don't feel sad nor do I feel happy, but I do feel deeply. It is very peaceful here. Whenever I am in the area I pop along here and just spend a few minutes in quiet contemplation. Then I tend to leave a few pennies as a libation and then move on. "
It would appear that there is a serial coin litterer about- has he been brought to book, has anyone collected the coins- there are no logs to say the coins have been picked up, no note of where thay are so they can be safely removed.
At the devils den, a place where i have never been I found a note stating -"WE stayed for some time, the little lad enjoying making 'mini-Devil's Dens' from rocks lying around."
Having been alerted to the potential damage that people who can't tell a rock from a sacred stone can do. I was dismayed that this post seems to suggest it's OK to move rocks on these sites. In the last few days I have learned how dangerous this can be!

I could find more, but I looked at waylands and randomly at the devils den, how long has this kind of desecration been going on?
Why does the TMA site condone this behaviour from posters before 22.01.03 but not geocachers?
As a self moderated community surely the TMA site should delete posts with such phrases in order that newcomers don't get the wrong impression.

Please believe me when I say my tongue is firmly in cheek on this one, It's just odd that the site has one rule for stone shifting if you want to build mini devils dens, and another if you're looking for a geocache.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Chrism
23rd January 2003ce
23:38

In reply to:

here's two .... (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: