The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Co-operation?
209 messages
Select a forum:
This is my posting from another geocache related thread (it got a compliment so I'll post it again - not fishing for compliments really)

I'm not a ModAnt person really (just a Copey fan and of a similar mind with mosta the folks here) but I 've been watching the debate with interest and a measure of amusement.

T&J you keep refering to people reading your post here or there - why would anyone want to do that? You hobby interest should to my mind require no intervention on anyones parts excpet people who are involved in your sport. I have no interest in policing the siting of caches, if I found one I'd prolly have binned it 'cos I wouldn't have known what it was - not sure what I'd do now, prolly still the same, I certainly have no interest in contacting anyone to tell them I had to move etc anything like that - the simple answer is don't put stuff out there and there will be no problems! We make NO impression on these monuments when we visit, there is the very simple hope/expectation that others do likewise. No one needs to read our posts or take any interest or have any knowledge of our pursuits because it does not involve any intervention of any material kind on or near ancient sites.

Littering the countryside is not acceptible - there I think the debate ends really. I quite like the idea of using a GPS to find locations/solve puzzles, but that's because I used to like orienteering, but I do not litter the country and expect others who are interested in and love nature/countryside etc to behave in such a way as to demonstrate their respect for it too.

Reply | with quote
ratcni01
Posted by ratcni01
23rd January 2003ce
15:59

In reply to:

Re: Co-operation? (Squid Tempest)

Messages in this topic: