The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: WTF!?!
209 messages
Select a forum:
I can see what you mean by the 'virtual cache' and surely that's what we all do all the time. You are in part wrong about the church possibly not being of interest. The services inside arent for me, but I do enjoy 12th century romanesue buildings and early Christian remains.

We all go to virtual caches to enjoy sites. I even use a GPS sometimes to locate bits of obscure rock art and things. I can fully appreciate this side of the activity (I'm sorry, but I'll never see it as a sport). However, it's the 'little prizes' that make me object to it and the littering. Leaving anything in a public place is littering. If a farmer put a box on a wall with a lid and marked it then that isn't littering (unless it's bright orange and 6 foot on each side!)

When I do get my kids to come out with me (and it is difficult sometimes) I use my knowledge and enthusiasm to keep them occupied. I know both of them would love to find a packet of balloons near a stone circle, but I ain't going to encourage em :-)

This one's not for my family. For me, part of the fun is the research and achievement I feel when I've hunted out a hard to find or even new site.

Reply | with quote
FourWinds
Posted by FourWinds
22nd January 2003ce
14:44

In reply to:

Re: WTF!?! (Chrism)

1 reply:

Re: WTF!?! (lobsterboy)

Messages in this topic: