The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
may I dissent?
70 messages
Select a forum:
I saw the prog, and was hopping up and down with fury at that twat going on about big blocks in pyramids etc ... oh, for decent Curse ...

anyway

I wasn't outraged at all about the stone burning. I can see why some people were, but I genuinely thought that it does fall into the category of reasonable experiment. A big part of archaeology has always been experimentation, to see if what was thought was or wasn't possible. When carbon-dating takes place, a part of the sample is destroyed.

Perhaps going to that autopsy has changed me a little too much ...

I think it does feed into the debate about "what is a sacred space", and what is acceptable within there ... perhaps if we were all *really* serious about protecting that area, we wouldn't drive our filthy cars and dirty old buses right in there.

What *really* wound me up (though I'm sure it was just the editing) was the "nipping over to the dig in the chopper whilst the fire warms up". Haven't these people heard of bycycles!!

But maybe we could put in a bid for a new show, where we either burn or dangle from a helicopter that irratating twat

RG

Reply | with quote
Posted by RiotGibbon
6th December 2002ce
16:09

In reply to:

Avebury TV alert !!!! (konaman)

1 reply:

Re: may I dissent? (Pete G)

Messages in this topic: