The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Craig Weatherhill RIP
7 messages
Select a forum:
thesweetcheat wrote:
Very sad to hear that Craig Weatherhill has died. He produced wonderful books about Cornwall's prehistory and was a passionate advocate of the Cornish language and its preservation in place-names. Craig occasionally visited TMA and always added greatly with his contributions and comments. His books Belerion and Cornovia come with me whenever I go to Cornwall, like Burl and Cope he was one of the major inspirations behind me getting out and seeing places.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Len[...]us/1287016523362639873/photo/1

Sad news. Sincere condolences to his family and friends. Although I am familiar with his name I haven't actually read any of his books but will rectify this (Cornovia looks like a must read). Am one of the many people who had my trip to west Cornwall earlier in the year postponed until 2021 so plenty of time to read some of his books. Looking up information about him just now I noted the Wikipedia entry for him is in Cornish.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
26th July 2020ce
17:18

In reply to:

Craig Weatherhill RIP (thesweetcheat)

1 reply:

Re: Craig Weatherhill RIP (formicaant)

Messages in this topic: