The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Hello everybody
9 messages
Select a forum:
Hi tjj,

Thanks for the reply.

I do indeed feel a sense of pride in what I sincerely believe was the best outcome for Silbury and this would not have been achieved without the efforts of people in fora such as this bringing pressure and the light of publicity to bear on English Heritage.

I found this support immensely helpful in the long stressful process to get the project to properly conserve Silbury agreed and funded.

As for me, after I was conveniently the only person 'selected' for redundancy by English Heritage I spent the next year or so doing casual work to make ends meet as you do.

I was then fortunate enough to obtain a job in Adult Social Care supporting adults with learning and other disabilities.

I have been doing this for the past 10 years and it has been an immensely rewarding and enjoyable experience.

It has also been a great pleasure to work in a team with people who are friendly and supportive.

This is in marked contrast to some of my former colleagues in English Heritage who could be described as self-obsessed, egotistical, bullies and back-stabbers.

Reply | with quote
Posted by fachtna
26th July 2020ce
21:49

In reply to:

Re: Hello everybody (fachtna)

1 reply:

Re: Hello everybody (Amil04)

Messages in this topic: