The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: John Michell lecture
353 messages
Select a forum:
Rhiannon wrote:

http://www.bigissue.com/featur[...]david-sutton-aliens-vs-fairies
Sort of a different kettle of fish to drawing lines on maps and juggling numbers about. I won't have you dissing the fairies.
Anyway if fairies or leylines or indeed tma-style expeditions get people out to appreciate the countryside then it can't be a bad thing.

Something happened today that was a bit strange. I was out walking in the Slad Valley near Stroud - going through some woodland I came across a little 'fairy house' someone had set up at the base of a tree - a miniature table (laid for dinner) and chair, a miniature clothes line and ladder in the 'garden'. A good friend called Cathy came to mind as we had seen the same little fairy house over a year ago while out walking with her (her parents live nearby). Oddly she phoned me a few minutes later for the first time in several months. Odder still, when I uploaded my photos onto my laptop (just now) the 'fairy house' had disappeared even though I took at least three photos.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
3rd May 2016ce
19:51

In reply to:

Re: John Michell lecture (Rhiannon)

Messages in this topic: