The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Nine Stones Close Forum Start a topic | Search
Nine Stones Close
Re: Farmer - Nine Stones Close
26 messages
Select a forum:
Of course he ( the farmer) has a problem with it, why do you think he parked a great big trailer in the middle of them, because it was convenient? He is not showing any tolerance he is just being awkward, 'it's my land and I don't want you on it' the gate to the field is left open by the farmer himself for most of the year, certainly no way he could close it whilst I was there as the area around the gate has been allowed to turn into a mire of mud and shit and only wellies will get you through.
Regardless, English Heritage should sort it out, surely they are a national treasure and should be freely available to all
By the way, I obviously agree that any farmers land should be treated respectfully when visiting any site, I just pray he feels the same about the stones in his custody and that he doesn't chip too many bits off moving the trailer

Reply | with quote
Posted by costaexpress
14th March 2015ce
08:41

In reply to:

Re: Farmer - Nine Stones Close (thesweetcheat)

2 replies:

Messages in this topic: