The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: Avebury road closure?
13 messages
Select a forum:
The Eternal wrote:
Sorry to disagree, but I'm all for it. It would make for a lovely, peaceful approach to Avebury.

Similarly, I've never understood all the fuss about the closure of the road past Stonehenge. Less traffic means a better experience, even though my suspicions of an increased entry fee sadly tuned out to be true.

As for Silbury Hill, more traffic won't make much difference, as it's hardly peaceful as it is now. A bit more traffic won't make any difference to the overall 'experience'.

The motorist today expects to be able to drive anywhere they want regardless. It's about time this attitude is changed. An extra mile or two doesn't really impact too much on a journey time.

I know we all have different opinions, and that's why any decision will upset a lot of people.

All the best,
TE.

Our thoughts exactly TE.

Reply | with quote
The Heritage Trust
Posted by The Heritage Trust
13th February 2015ce
22:28

In reply to:

Re: Avebury road closure? (The Eternal)

Messages in this topic: