The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Summerhouse Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Summerhouse Hill
Re: Another cairn?
17 messages
Select a forum:
Thought I‘d just found something new in Lancs to check out, especially welcome as I’m on holiday next week, but sorry to report it’s the same Summerhouse Hill Cairn, I’ve just compared it with my photos from Summerhouse Hill and it’s the cairn near the circle, I’ve posted a photo on the Barrow Hill page with the same trees in the background, one of Treehuggers posts on the Summerhouse page also shows the same view but it’s taken when the trees are in leaf & the branch structures are hidden. I think It’s still probably worth keeping this on its own page though as it seems to frequently get overlooked & it is scheduled separately to the circle. That comment about other barrows is interesting, Maybe I'll still go for a mooch around there in the next few days!!

Reply | with quote
Posted by LivingRocks
15th January 2015ce
23:55

In reply to:

Another cairn? (drewbhoy)

2 replies:

Re: Another cairn? (drewbhoy)
Re: Another cairn? (drewbhoy)

Messages in this topic: