The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cerne Abbas Giant Forum Start a topic | Search
Cerne Abbas Giant
Re: Another stunt allowed by the NT.
28 messages
Select a forum:
I have no problem with this per se, in fact I do see it as a pretty clever advertising/awareness campaign in many ways.

The only thing that ever-so-slightly puts me off such things is that for 15 years I lived in Canada. It was while I was there that my interest in prehistoric Britain germinated and grew. Whenever I came back to visit these shores I would make a point of visiting as many sites as I could to get my fix.

The Cerne Abbas giant was not among the places on my list, but I might have been somewhat disappointed if I had travelled 6,000 miles to visit such an iconic site, only to find it being used in this way.

It's a small point, but there might be people who have made a pilgrimage to see it as it should be.

Having said that, and I know it probably shouldn't, but the Homer Simpson stunt of some time back now did make me smile...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dorset/co[...]0/homer_chalk1_470_470x300.jpg

Reply | with quote
Posted by common era
5th November 2013ce
13:07

In reply to:

Re: Another stunt allowed by the NT. (harestonesdown)

Messages in this topic: