The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cerne Abbas Giant Forum Start a topic | Search
Cerne Abbas Giant
Re: Another stunt allowed by the NT.
28 messages
Select a forum:
PMM wrote:
They're going to place some grass on top of it for a day and then remove it again. Sorry. I just don't share your outrage.

Whilst I disagree with this sort of stunt in principle - on this occasion I'm prepared to make an exception. The monument itself isn't being touched and the fact it is raising awareness about prostate and testicular cancer makes it seem quite appropriate given the obvious attributes of the Cerne Giant (sentence partially edited).

"The stunt aims to raise awareness of ‘Movember’, the men’s health campaign which supports prostate and testicular cancer and mental health.
The moustache was created by grass seeds from British Seed Houses and carefully tended before being placed on the Cerne Giant, Britain’s largest chalk hill figure, for the day."

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
2nd November 2013ce
08:45

Messages in this topic: