The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: [Off topic]
253 messages
Select a forum:
Sanctuary wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
Astralcat wrote:
I've dowsed myself, and got accurate results, and I've also witnessed it in Southern Island, and most recently one of my local pubs which has regular paranormal activity. They had some dowsers in as there is a ley line running through the village and it turned out that the said pub is slap bang on it. Fascinating watching them locate it.

Although I have a friend that dowsers and helped me find something on one occasion, I have never attended a meeting or talk, but will be this coming Saturday. My local village hall has a dowser called Peter Knight giving a talk on the Cerne Abbas Giant which coincidentally we were/are presently discussing on another thread.

Most people have dowsed , as dowsers will tell you , anyone can do it .
Accurate results , of what , that couldn't explained by much simpler means ?
As has been mentioned many times non dowsers find things all the time ,whether archaeological , organic , mineral or simply lost they would explain it as a combination of skill ,luck not gases ,waves , fields or vibes emanating from the hidden . When put to the test dowsers do not perform any better than expected by chance

I'm just popping out for a hospital appointment but will give you an account of my actual experience when I get back. You can have a go at explaining it then George :-)

Okay, here we go. I have mentioned this before when the forum were once again at loggerheads with each other over dowsing.

I took a dowsing friend to King Arthur's Hall. She'd never told me much about her hobby before because, as she told me later, people often ridicule her!
As you know (or maybe not) I am very interested in the stones circles on Bodmin Moor and why they have (not been to Leaze circle yet) a notable triangular stone in them. This is the subject of my current tome!
KAH is an enigma to me and many other people with a 'facade' of standing stones within a banked rectangular enclosure. I'm working on the theory that it MAY be connected to the 'ceremonial' stone circles close by. In total there were well over 100 stones standing at one time but now the bulk have fallen and are now buried under the turf and completely out of sight.
Her quest, for want of a better word, was to find an equilateral triangular stone for me if it was there. There are already two or three less triangular stones still standing but I was looking for the daddy one!
Without walking around the enclosure she sat on the southern bank with a sheet of A4 paper and drew a rectangle on it. She then produced a pendant and started moving it slowly around above the drawing, so that's when I left her to it and wondered around the enclosure taking pictures.
I guess about 20 minutes or so later I returned to her and saw she had placed three crosses on the drawing in various places, so asked her what they were?
One, she said, was human remains and that of a woman, someone who had a direct connection to the original build. The second one was a 'pointy' triangular stone, but the third was 'the one' I was looking for!
I asked her to be more precise and take me to it, so she did on the eastern side and we stood on a blank spot of turf but I knew that there were almost certainly stones beneath even though there was no outline because that is the nature of the Hall.
Out came the pendant again and after a moment or two starting revolving over what she said was the stone. I then got my golf club with the metal shaft out that I'd removed the head off and started prodding the soil. Sure enough there was a stone there as expected but then I started to work on the edges and soon found it was indeed triangular.
I don't have to go into too much detail now because one is not allowed to dig at a Scheduled Monument, but lets say the stone soon appeared and was exactly what she said it was.

That's all I'm saying so please feel free now to cast dispersions on her ability and credibility. Maybe she has x-ray vision cos that would explain it all but please don't tell me it was luck.

This topic is locked
Posted by Sanctuary
7th November 2013ce
14:00

In reply to:

Re: [Off topic] (Sanctuary)

1 reply:

Re: [Off topic] (tiompan)

Messages in this topic: