The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Hill-fort Survey
28 messages
Select a forum:
thesweetcheat wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
The responsibility in this case lies with the designer of the form, who must restrict the laymans/amateurs options in such a way as to make them meaningful.

Actually the form that Juamei linked to above appears to do that pretty well, especially with the supporting notes. There are some terms I'd never heard of, e.g. "lobate", but that potentially makes it educational too (I had to look it up and will now use it in my fieldnotes, just to try to sound clever).

I still have the "Cameron with placard" image about this though, I'm too entrenched/cynical to shake that off.

Fair enough. I do see it as empowering and, as youve said, potentially educational.
It's hard work I think, definitely. But something for enthusiasts to get their teeth into.
Perhaps some form of reimbursement might be desirable, but I would worry that that could become a focus for those 'I saw some bumps' people you mentioned. ;)
Im joking btw, I don't see how paying people for info in this sense could work at all.

Reply | with quote
Evergreen Dazed
Posted by Evergreen Dazed
9th July 2013ce
21:28

In reply to:

Re: Hill-fort Survey (thesweetcheat)

1 reply:

Re: Hill-fort Survey (thesweetcheat)

Messages in this topic: