The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge and its Environs Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge and its Environs
Re: And the knock on effect is ....
79 messages
Select a forum:
Mustard wrote:
tjj wrote:
Littlestone wrote:
Mustard wrote:
tjj wrote:

Sounds like NIMBY bollocks to me. The only difference for traffic is that it now needs to turn right at Airman's Corner instead of carrying straight on.

That’s what I thought. There’s no pleasing some people - they protest when new roads are built and they protest when old ones are close ;-)

Is that one of your side swipes at me Mr Littlestone ... tch! tch! Would that you could manage to do it directly at least once. I will always protest when new roads are built but like many others was happy to see the section A344 past Stonehenge closed and grassed over. I was merely documenting a news item on the plight of local people.

Skipping rapidly over personal disagreements....

The *alleged* plight of local people. I wouldn't take it at face value, and I've yet to hear a rational explanation for why the closure of this stretch of road should increase traffic through the villages mentioned.

If disagree with anyone on forum, it's done directly as you and others can testify. Going back to the point in question I was merely posting a news report which seemed relevant. I live in North Wiltshire - Swindon to be precise so have no idea about traffic problems around the villages near Stonehenge other than what I read in news reports.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
8th October 2013ce
16:42

Messages in this topic: