The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge and its Environs Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge and its Environs
Re: And the knock on effect is ....
79 messages
Select a forum:
nigelswift wrote:
Mustard wrote:
And often, it's a justifiable name. *cough* wind turbines *cough*

No windfarms near me. I confess the more I've looked at on-shore ones the more many of them seem to be a racket but that hasn't been the thrust of the Journal articles nor has helping Nimby householders. As is befitting, in the Journal we've tried to highlight where they are a threat to the settings of monuments. The Inspectors have been under Govt orders to give that issue a low priority. Now the Govt. is back peddling but the damage is done.

So no, we're not "*cough* Nimbies". Well I guess we are, but we're highlighting damage in the public back yards not our own. We're "Nipbys"...

Sorry Nige, that comment wasn't aimed at you. I don't really know what you think of wind farms. It was aimed at the general public/Daily Mail attitude towards them.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Mustard
8th October 2013ce
12:15

In reply to:

Re: And the knock on effect is .... (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: