The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge
Re: Pilgrimages to Stonehenge now a human right!
13 messages
Select a forum:
Hmm don't talk to me about taxpayers money being wasted after this week's flagrant example... £200 000 is a drop in the ocean compared to that, as I understand.

Yeah obviously I can see that riffraff pagans of convenience will want to come to the stones. What do you do, make them fill in a questionaire about norse gods or something, with a subsection on tree identification? Rather like a citizenship test eh. But (and I appreciate this isn't terribly tolerant sounding) there are a lot of people in this country who'll say they're christian, and they wouldn't pass the christianity version of my questionaire either. I don't know what you do. There must be some people who really believe they are druids or whatever. And how else can you judge it other than by looking at their behaviours for the rest of the year. But it seems a bit heavy handed doesn't it, to stand at the door whether that be at stonehenge or kings college chapel for the carols - OI you're not coming in.

But we're conflating two different topics are we not. the right to have the day off to go and do some important pagan stuff, and the right to turn up and get special access to stonehenge and get off your face. The first seems ok. The second is a bit dubious innit.

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
21st April 2013ce
11:17

Messages in this topic: