The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Trethevy Quoit Forum Start a topic | Search
Trethevy Quoit
Re: Similarities elsewhere?
391 messages
Select a forum:
thesweetcheat wrote:

I'm not really sure this is like what is being suggested for Trethevy.

Last bit. There was a backstone but not the fallen stone. It was where a backstone should be and the 'fallen' stone leant quite high up against the inner face of the front closure stone and diagonally down and behind the base of the real backstone where it lodged to stop it sliding down. If you observe outside of the quoit to the south side you will observe the 'window' or entrance to the upper chamber with the same slope to it's 'cill' as the diagonal division. Nobody ever mentions that window, well they have now :-)That's all I'm saying. I keep saying to buy the book, jeepers it's cheap enough, but would like to thank all those that already ordered it although only a couple are from here. I'm very very pleased with the response for a book that only came out last thursday and over Easter.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
1st April 2013ce
17:50

In reply to:

Re: Similarities elsewhere? (thesweetcheat)

Messages in this topic: