The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cheetham Close Forum Start a topic | Search
Cheetham Close
Re: Appeal for advice
45 messages
Select a forum:
I've actually found the original email convo I had about this, back in 2004! (sad, I know)

At that time I was coming at things from a slightly different angle - looking on MAGIC, many of the scheduled sites, specifically in Cornwall, had no information attached to them on Magic. I was asking what would need to be done, to be able to get even just basic information added to the Magic dataset about the sites, possibly compiled by volunteers.

This was where the 'Standards' issue arose, but also led to a later discussion about compilation of 'visitor reports', which also fell down on the resources issue. It's all well and good having reports sent in by volunteer site monitors or visitors, but if there isn't the resource to compile/collate/act on such reports the whole exercise becomes pointless.

I'm guessing that's where the CAS Monitor Watch scheme comes in, acting as a bit of a filter so only the most urgent stuff gets passed through...

It all comes down to money at the end of the day :-(

Reply | with quote
ocifant
Posted by ocifant
14th February 2013ce
12:20

In reply to:

Re: Appeal for advice (Sanctuary)

1 reply:

Re: Appeal for advice (Sanctuary)

Messages in this topic: