The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge
Re: New study challenges timeline
213 messages
Select a forum:
marmite wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
marmite wrote:
Littlestone wrote:
marmite wrote:
It seems to me that it's one rule for one on here and one rule for the other.

I’ve never notice that – play nicely and you’re allowed to stay. Start trolling and posing under multiple names and you’re out. Seems fair enough to me.

Welcome to TMA by the way.

I agree with what your saying but playing nicely & trolling wasn't what I meant.

I seem to see a few of the more established(I dare not say older!) members mocking/belittling/dissmissing the newer posters or posters with different opinions.

I thought because this is Copes website it would be more open...

Thank you very much littlestone for the welcome :)

Yes welcome Marmite. Please don't think that my comments were purposely demeaning to younger people, far from it. I have 21 and 28 year old sons who I would never put down but the fact remains that while they are still learning they are not going to be as learned as their peers if they haven't learnt as much as them yet. I didn't know half as much as I do now when I was their age and surely that must apply to 'most' youngsters.
On a lighter note you chose a great name there as people are either going to love or hate you!! :-). Joking of course.

Thanks for the welcome :)

I understand what you are saying and in general this appears to be the case but not always.
Sometimes people come thru that are more learned than most,old souls etc that know what is going on from a very early age. Not in the english/math way but in an understanding of the earth/moon/sun/stars etc.
People feel threatened by this(fear of the unknown?) and react accordingly!!

Anyway that's another topic!!!(maybe not for TMA?)

LOL...The name took a while to think of!!!

Oh yes I realise there are some very advanced youngsters about, always has been it seems to me, but they are in the minority.
There's no reason for you to hold back on your interest (earth/moon/stars etc) just be prepared to get conflicting replies back as we do on most threads. I'm interested in it all even though I don't follow it to the degree others might do being a more 'nuts and bolts' person when push comes to shove.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
5th December 2012ce
18:23

Messages in this topic: