The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge
Re: New study challenges timeline
213 messages
Select a forum:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
But Kevin, esp on the portal, wasn't talking to himself was he?
If you apply that type of single minded approach to a superstitious prehistoric society, I think it may produce results.

Having only posted a couple of times on the Portal (in order to clarify that I wasn’t the troll who was posting there under my name) I wouldn’t know. I do know however that Kevin and Crowley ran out of steam on TMA and the Portal is where they ended up.

As for applying a single-minded approach to ‘produce results’ it’s hardly necessary to go back as far as the Neolithic – it can be seen in action again and again even within the lifetime of some of the contributors here. Such systems hardly need mentioning as they’ve already bitten the dust; others like North Korea and Syria are hanging on by their fingertips and there’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that they’ll eventually go the way of the rest.

What does this tell us? Perhaps that, even with all its shortcomings, humanity steps slowly forward towards a kinder, freer and more enlightened future.

Reply | with quote
Littlestone
Posted by Littlestone
4th December 2012ce
16:12

In reply to:

Re: New study challenges timeline (Evergreen Dazed)

1 reply:

Re: New study challenges timeline (Evergreen Dazed)

Messages in this topic: