The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge
Re: New study challenges timeline
213 messages
Select a forum:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
But it is the curiosity that enabled them to continue.
We are curious, superstitious creatures, even now. You still remember Kevin because of the force of the point made. The extreme "I".
You can dismiss claims with your modern mind and education but the people of the neolithic, I would imagine, were more vulnerable to the extreme "I".
I would imagine people could rise in notoriety by simply insisting they were correct. Acting, in every way, as if they knew things that the majority didn't. Curiosity, superstition, fear.

It wasn’t curiosity at all – it was an attempt to stop them repeating themselves ad nauseam and wrecking thread after TMA thread. If anything they’re remembered for that, not for the ‘force’ of the points they were making.

Yes, individuals and belief systems have and do rise to notoriety (and infamy) by insisting they were/are correct. Fortunately, the historical long-game sees them fall just as quickly.

Reply | with quote
Littlestone
Posted by Littlestone
4th December 2012ce
14:50

In reply to:

Re: New study challenges timeline (Evergreen Dazed)

1 reply:

Re: New study challenges timeline (Evergreen Dazed)

Messages in this topic: